Ice Age Imperials
- Where: History Museum of Mobile
- Monday - Saturday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., Sunday: 1 - 5 p.m.
- Admission: Adults - $10.00 Seniors (65+) - $9.00 Active/Retired Military (w/ ID) - $9.00 Students (18+ w/ID) - $9.00 Children (13-18) - $7.50 Children (6-12) - $5.00 Children (5 and under) – FREE Members - FREE
Step back in time and explore Ice Age Imperials, on display at the History Museum of Mobile starting Saturday, May 26, 2018 until August 26, 2018.
Imagine traveling 20,000 years into the past to a period in our planet's history when the environment was dramatically different than we know it today. Fierce cats, enormous mastodons and wooly mammoths, six-feet-tall beavers, and other giant creatures roamed the land, and every day was a struggle for survival.
Exhibit Highlights Include:
• Full-Scale Dioramas: Two central dioramas feature the fierce-looking Saber tooth cat, the larger-than-life Wooly Mammoth, the Woodland Musk Ox, and the role of early human hunters.
• Large And In Charge: A three-sided display explores some of the largest mammals of the Ice Age, including the extinct Short-Faced Bear, Dire Wolf, and Giant Beaver.
• Teamwork: Large 3-D puzzles of a Mastodon and Saber tooth cat require a team effort to assemble.
• Dig It: An Ice Age fossil "dig box" reveals surprise remains of extinct creatures.
• Learn More: Discover more about the Ice Age and the formation, nature, and movement of glaciers, as well as the massive size of Ice Age glaciers.