Government Street United Methodist Church
The story begins early in the 19th Century, when Mobile was becoming a thriving seaport, and a Methodist mission was becoming a thriving "hive" of activity. In 1826, the first church, little more than a thatched roof on supports, was constructed on the corner of Franklin and St. Michael streets. By 1827,the congregation completed the first wooden structure. Visit the web site for more interesting history.