We are on the hunt! Check out the current available positions at Visit Mobile.
Vice President of Marketing and Communications
Bachelors Degree preferably in Business Administration, Economics, Marketing or Communications, and preferably a minimum of ten years experience in destination marketing, convention, visitor and leisure promotion, or travel related activities requiring sales and marketing skills. Considerable experience supporting clients, media, hospitality industry, city officials, board of directors, and teaming with co-workers required. Ability to carry out job requirements without supervision. Travel and flexible hours required.
The Vice President of Marketing and Communications will be responsible for developing the strategies and directing the development and implementation of the destination's strategic marketing plan and programs for both leisure and convention markets. Key responsibilities include leading the critical channels of destination marketing-from the development of campaigns, initiatives and programs that create value for our partners to fulfilling the expectations of our visitors to tracking and reporting on our progress with stakeholders to managing multiple departmental budgets. This leader must be passionate and knowledgeable about the Mobile area and be highly committed to collaboration with the industry and the organization's partners in both the public and private sectors.
• Develop and implement an integrated strategic marketing and communications plan while managing multiple budgets to advance the Mobile area's brand identity and broaden awareness of its programs and priorities.
• Maintain ongoing tracking and analysis of regional advertising program results, metrics and accountability. Make recommendations/adjustments as necessary.
• Oversee development of all print, marketing and digital communications including all websites, mobile, social media, earned media and public relations.
• Communicate and promote advertising programs and cooperative opportunities to partners to ensure maximum participation/value and to foster coordinated efforts.
• Work with Partnership Department on all visitor collateral and communications.
• Communicate with other departments on all visitor and partner outreach initiatives and opportunities.
• Act as a liaison with all outside vendors including advertising agencies, public relations firms and other consultants to ensure the integrity of Visit Mobile's brand and message.
• Lead or serve on appropriate external marketing committees representing special events, sporting events, festivals or other activities designed to attract visitors to the Mobile region.
• Work with Marketing and Communications team to ensure Mobile is conveyed in the national and international media consistent with our brand and message.
• Ensure all collateral materials have a consistent message and maintain the Visit Mobile brand as well as oversee the editing and proofing of all copy, layouts, etc.
• Oversee the development of all video and photography initiatives, assisting with location scouting, editing and script development as necessary.
• Maintain oversight of a current crisis communication plan and direct Visit Mobile involvement in said crisis as necessary.
• Proactive relationships with local media to ensure positive stories are told to the local Mobile community on tourism and economic development, convention business and other travel-related coverage.
• Support the president of Visit Mobile in all aspects of communications for the company, overseeing external communications on leadership's behalf as necessary.
• Represent Visit Mobile at local functions and meetings, as well as community events.
• Attend trade shows, conferences and seminars to represent Visit Mobile and/or furthering awareness, building a network, storytelling and influencing within the industry.
• Maintain membership in professional associations and industry trade groups for the purpose of improving professional skills and taking advantage of opportunities to develop industry partners, carry the Visit Mobile brand forward and stay engaged in industry-related issues.
• Increase value and accountability with digital reach and communications.
• Maintain effective use of Simpleview, Cision, Crowdriff and other software platforms.
• Work closely with Convention and Leisure teams to insure business success for our stakeholders.
• Work closely with Mobile Area Lodging Corporation and the Mobile Area Lodging Association to ensure success of the Tourism Improvement District Marketing Plan.
• Attend local events to ensure a Visit Mobile presence and actively promote these events via social media. This position is a very visible "brand ambassador" role.
Graphic Design ManagerSUPPORTED BY/REPORTS TO:
Vice President of Marketing and Communications
Visit Mobile is looking to hire a Graphic Design Manager (who will train under the current Manager of Graphic Arts for one month prior to the current designer's departure). This individual will serve as the primary graphic designer and visual identity manager for the branding, marketing, and advertising of tourism and conventions in the city of Mobile. The successful and results-producing brand 'Born to Celebrate' is the cornerstone of all messaging and all design will need to seamlessly exist within this well-established brand. A genuine passion for Mobile and a positive attitude about our city is necessary and involvement within the community and with our stakeholders, members and visitors will be expected.
Duties will include developing print, digital and outdoor advertising; informational guidebooks, brochures, maps, and flyers; logos and branding for secondary Visit Mobile initiatives; signage for incoming conventions and the Visit Mobile Welcome Center; data-driven infographics; promotional products and packaging; e-blasts and e-newsletter templates; social media graphics; and more. Additionally, the Graphic Design Manager will be in charge of managing photo and video assets for the company, procuring new photo assets, communicating with vendors and coordinating delivery of print collateral, and occasionally assisting with event planning and setup. The manager will be part of a creative, active and hardworking marketing team who are charged with overseeing all social media, digital marketing, website design and management, special events, travel media outreach, visitor touchpoints and other marketing and communications efforts - the graphic design manager will play an integral role in all concepts, discussions, campaigns and ideas that will eventually reach our target audience.
-A Bachelor's degree in design, advertising, marketing, or related areas of study (or comparable levels of professional experience)
-A strong portfolio of design work
-Fluency with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
-Good time management, self-motivation, and ability to juggle many different projects at once
-Creativity and the ability to turn an idea into a finished product
-A genuine passion for Mobile and coastal Alabama
OPTIONAL (but helpful):
-Experience in tourism and hospitality
-Hands-on experience with printing and prepress
-Illustration (or other forms of traditional artwork)
Please email all resumes to Jay Garraway.