By John Sharp |

Phillip Ley’s May 1 flight from the Mobile Downtown Airport was strictly business. That it was the inaugural Frontier Airlines trip from the city’s new $8 million terminal wasn’t a big deal. That it went straight to Chicago was.

“I’m going to see how well this works for us having this direct flight,” said Ley, who lives in Mobile and works at Evonik Corp. in the chemical giant’s IT department.

Ley is an example of the primary air travelers served in Mobile: Here, 80% of fliers are traveling on business, according to the Airport Authority’s president. The other 20% are leisure travelers. Read Full Article