Dressing the Abbey
- Presented By: History Museum of Mobile
- Dates: February 23, 2023 - April 22, 2023
- Recurrence: Recurring daily
- Location: History Museum of Mobile
- Address: 111 S. Royal St., Mobile, AL 36602
Dressing the Abbey weaves fashion, history, and popular culture into an exhibition featuring the wardrobe from Downton Abbey™, one of the most widely watched television dramas in the world. The exhibition features thirty-five costumes worn by men and women and invites viewers to discover the turbulence of the Edwardian era and the cultural impact of the First World War. From rich country tweeds, to sumptuous evening gowns, to a starched footman's livery, the textiles in this exhibition speak to a transformational moment in art, fashion, design, and history.