FREDERICK A. MARCHMAN: Southern Pop
- Presented By: Mobile Museum of Art
- Dates: July 12, 2019 - November 17, 2019
- Recurrence: Recurring weekly on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Location: Mobile Museum of Art
- Address: 4850 Museum Drive, Mobile, AL 36608
- Phone: (251) 208-5200
- Time: 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Price: Free for MMofA members; $12 adults / $10 seniors / $8 students
Fred Marchman was a Mobile and Southern original. Everyone who knew him said he was born an artist – obsessed, determined, prolific and creative.
He called himself a Southern Pop artist and said he was influenced by ancient art, modern painting and sculpture, folk art, esoteric writings, visionary and spiritual themes. He was a painter, printmaker, sculptor, and illustrator who reveled in using paint, wood, canvas, ink, metal, charcoal, crayon, and even concrete, to make his art.