Genghis Khan: The Great Civilizer
- Presented By: Gulf Coast Exploreum Science Center & IMAX Theater
- Dates: January 26, 2019 - April 28, 2019
- Recurrence: Recurring weekly on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Location: Gulf Coast Exploreum Science Center & IMAX Theater
- Address: 65 Government St., Mobile, AL 36602
- Phone: Box Office: 251-208-6893
- Time: Monday -Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Sunday 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Price: General Admission
The Gulf Coast Exploreum Science Center is proud to announce a return to major blockbuster exhibitions in the Spring of 2019. The Exploreum invites visitors to take a journey back in time with one of history’s most prolific and controversial figures – Genghis Khan. Through artifacts, performers, artwork, and other historically significant items, discover the eye-opening story of the world’s most well-known conqueror, civilizer and innovator in the exhibition Genghis Khan: The Great Civilizer.
Curated and developed by dinosaur expert Don Lessem, the exhibition features more than 300 spectacular objects on display, including rare and sophisticated weapons, costumes, jewels, ornaments, instruments and numerous other fascinating relics and elaborate artifacts from 13th-century Mongolia. “I went to Mongolia to look for fossils and discovered the truth about Genghis Khan, a civilizing genius,” said Lessem. “It’s a great story best told in a major exhibition.”
Experience life in 13th-century Mongolia, entering the tents, battlegrounds and marketplaces of a vanished world that was once the largest land empire in history. Explore Genghis Khan’s life and those of his sons and grandsons during the formation, peak and decline of the Mongol Empire.