Spirits of the Passage: The Story of the Transatlantic Slave Trade - New traveling exhibition at GulfQuest
- Presented By: GulfQuest/National Maritime Museum of the Gulf of Mexico
- Dates: January 4, 2023 - June 21, 2023
- Recurrence: Recurring daily
- Location: GulfQuest/National Maritime Museum of the Gulf of Mexico
- Address: 155 S. Water St., Mobile, AL 36602
- Phone: (251) 436-8901
- Price: Adults $10; Youth (5-17) $6, under 5 years old free admission; Senior adults, active military, college students $8; Parking is FREE
Starting January 4, 2023, GULFQUEST invites guests to experience one of the most powerful and important exhibitions it has ever displayed. “Spirits of the Passage: The Story of the Transatlantic Slave Trade” explores the power of the human spirit through a display of nearly 150 historical objects covering more than 350 years. It’s the first exhibition of its kind to examine the entire history of the Transatlantic Slave Trade from the 16th through 19th centuries, while also presenting the most up-to-date research and discoveries to the public. These include the latest marine archaeological discoveries, new research on key African societies and an exploration of the slave trade’s modern-day legacies.
Exhibit Available Daily Wednesday - Saturday.