Visit Mobile Career Opportunities
Join the Visit Mobile Team
We LOVE working at Visit Mobile. Every day we find a reason to celebrate our great city and we welcome you to join our vibrant team.
Currently, we do not have any openings on our sales team, but please check back because like the city, we are growing.
Marketing & Communications Manager
Vice President of Marketing & Communications
Visit Mobile is looking for a professional and energetic addition to their Marketing & Communications team. The Marketing & Communications Manager will join the department to plan, create, and implement content for various Visit Mobile marketing and communications efforts including local social media, stakeholder email marketing, and blog writing, along with other marketing, advertising, public relations, and communications initiatives.
ACCOUNTABILITIES & DUTIES:
- Daily oversight of locally-focused social media assets including content curation, photography, and community management of various Visit Mobile’s channels.
- Research, write, edit, and/or coordinate various digital communications such as stakeholder newsletters, blogs, website, and partner portal content.
- Maintain an editorial calendar of all the above-mentioned local digital communications.
- Collaborate on press releases, media alerts, and other communications focusing on Visit Mobile initiatives and accomplishments.
- Assist with Public Relations efforts such as media reporting and posting of relevant media coverage of Visit Mobile, partners, and the greater Mobile area.
- Conduct and/or produce a variety of reports and research in Visit Mobile’s databases for the Marketing & Communications department.
- Maintain close relationships with local stakeholders and member partners to ensure maximum communication of activities and deliverables.
- Event Planning for local Visit Mobile events such as Annual Business Meeting, Press Conferences, Explore Mobile Day, Tourism Ambassador Program, etc.
- Be flexible and willing to pitch in to help department managers as needed.
The above responsibilities and duties are just a guide and are not necessarily the only initiatives this position will be involved in. This person may also be asked to participate in other special projects, community outreach and events, travel locally to deliver marketing materials, and strategic planning as determined by the Vice President of Marketing & Communications and/or other organization leaders and teammates.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Advertising, or Public Relations recommended.
- One to three years’ related experience is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- The ideal candidate would be dynamic, quick-thinking, self-motivated, dependable, enjoys collaborating/teamwork, and is a strong multi-tasker with outstanding time management skills.
- They should also be an effective communicator, possess excellent writing skills, and be able to have some fun - It is the tourism industry, after all!
- Proficiency with major social media platforms and MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) are required.
- Experience in CRM Database systems is a plus.
HOW TO APPLY:
We currently do not have any additional openings on our marketing team, but please check back because like the city, we are growing.
If you have any questions, please reach out to our Vice President of Administration, Jay Garraway.