Visit Mobile Career Opportunities
Join the Visit Mobile Team
POSITION: National Sales Manager
SUPPORTED BY: Vice President of Convention Sales
The National Sales Manager is responsible for achieving lead, room night, and prospecting goals set forth by Visit Mobile. The salesperson is compensated with a base salary plus an incentive bonus based on achieving his/her goals. The salesperson is expected to solicit convention groups and organizations to pursue future business for the city of Mobile through various initiatives. Some include but not limited to direct telephone solicitation, e-mails, personal sales calls, bid presentations, trade shows, and proposals. Extensive business travel, weekend duty, and flexible hours are required.
- Generates qualified leads for area hotels and meeting facilities with the objective of booking room nights within his/her assigned market segments.
- Creates and manages assigned accounts through the hospitality database system. Enters proper information to generate prospects, leads, and definite room nights.
- Coordinates and conducts out of market sales meetings and personal sales calls to pursue convention business. These calls may include state, regional, national, or international destinations.
- Participates in out of market city blitzes and in market familiarization trips. Each member will also help coordinate these events and provide a qualified number of clients from their assigned market segments.
- Conducts client site inspections with hospitality partners. The salesperson will be responsible for setting the agenda and coordinating the visit along with the transportation. The sales support staff may assist in arrangements as directed by the salesperson.
- Performs bid presentations as needed to secure convention business. The sales support staff and marketing staff may assist in this effort as needed by the salesperson.
- Attends trade shows to be determined by the assigned markets to promote Mobile at selected industry conferences. Responsible for memberships, registrations, hotel accommodations, appointments, tradeshow logistics, and transportation to the required tradeshows.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate trip/tradeshow reports, site inspection reports, credit card/cash expense reports, vacation requests, and other accountabilities. All requests and reports will be sent directly to the Vice President of Sales for approval.
- Experience with data input and research in Simpleview, MINT, Knowland, Gale, Cvent, Word, Outlook, Excel preferred.
- Ability to carry out all job requirements and to represent Visit Mobile professionally as a liaison within the hospitality community without close supervision.
- The National Sales Manager also assumes other Visit Mobile tasks or responsibilities as directed or assigned by the Vice President of Convention Sales or senior management.
Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality and Tourism Management, Business Administration, Economics, or a minimum of five years of experience in a Destination Marketing Organization, tourism, hotel group sales, or travel-related industry preferred. Strong communication, written, data research, and computer skills required. Experience with digital and in-person presentations and meetings with clients, hospitality partners, city officials, media, and co-workers is essential.
HOW TO APPLY:
POSITION: Marketing & Communications Coordinator
SUPPORTED BY: Director of Marketing & Communications
Visit Mobile is looking for a sharp and energetic addition to their Marketing & Communications team. The Marketing & Communications Coordinator will join the department to plan, create, and implement content for various Visit Mobile marketing and communications efforts, including social media, email marketing, and blog writing; as well as other marketing, advertising, public relations, and communications initiatives.
ACCOUNTABILITIES & DUTIES:
- Daily oversight of all social media assets including content curation, photography, and community management of all Visit Mobile’s channels.
- Research, write, edit, and/or coordinate all monthly digital communications such as newsletters, blogs, and website content.
- Maintain an editorial calendar of all the above-mentioned digital communications.
- Collaborate on press releases, media alerts, and other external communications.
- Assist with Public Relations efforts such as media reporting and posting of relevant media coverage of Visit Mobile, partners, and the greater Mobile area.
- Conduct and/or produce a variety of reports and research in Visit Mobile’s databases for the Marketing & Communications department.
- Be flexible and willing to pitch in to help department managers as needed.
The above responsibilities and duties are just a guide and are not necessarily the only initiatives this position will be involved in. This person may also be asked to participate in other special projects, community outreach and events, travel locally to deliver marketing materials, and strategic planning as determined by the Director of Marketing and Communications and/or other organization leaders and teammates.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Advertising, or Public Relations recommended.
- One to three years’ related experience is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- The ideal candidate would be dynamic, quick-thinking, self-motivated, dependable, enjoys collaborating/teamwork, and is a strong multi-tasker with outstanding time management skills.
- They should also be an effective communicator, possess excellent writing skills, and be able to have some fun - It is the tourism industry, after all!
- Proficiency with major social media platforms and MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) are required.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you have any questions, please reach out to our Vice President of Administration, Jay Garraway.