Visit Mobile Career Opportunities
Join the Visit Mobile Team
We LOVE working at Visit Mobile. Every day we find a reason to celebrate our great city and we welcome you to join our vibrant team.
Destination Experience and Tour Manager
Vice President of Leisure Tourism
College degree and a minimum of five years of experience in hospitality or tourism preferred. Experience with a convention and visitor bureau, hotel, or attraction is also preferred. Extensive and proficient computer skills, exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills both in-person and on the telephone are required.
The Destination Experience and Tour Manager executes the duties related to group tour sales, convention services, and event planning for Visit Mobile. Some events include FAMS, site inspections, attendance builders, local meetings, and others. Extensive collaboration and communication detail is required with the sales team, meeting planners, event planners, group tour operators, travel agents, and stakeholders.
The Manager must be accountable for services offered and sales metric goals to include, but not be limited to, increasing the number of annual group tour visitors, group tour lead, and room night production. The Manager must also be familiar with Mobile’s attractions, events, hotels, and dining options. This position also requires the Manager to be exceptional with working relationships between stakeholders.
Principal Accountabilities for Group Tours:
- Manages and supports business development in key group tour markets.
- Accountable to monthly group tour prospecting and sales goals utilizing Simpleview as well as other applicable industry databases.
- Must be proficient in mining data, input, and research by utilizing a variety of databases.
- Inputs tour prospects, leads, definites, traces, and contact info in Simpleview.
- Welcomes group tours upon arrival into Mobile at designated locations.
- Performs the responsibilities of a Step on Guide as needed for group tours
- Coordinates the planning of group tour events to include itineraries, receptions, FAMs, site inspections, meetings, and others as needed.
- Assists in preparing group tour newsletters and maintains an updated client list in Simpleview to be sent monthly.
Principal Accountabilities for Convention Services:
- Accountable for communication and follow-up with event planners once a meeting is secured by outlining and providing the services offered by Visit Mobile.
- Coordinates the planning of events to include receptions, FAMS, meetings, and various sales initiatives.
- Coordinates and/or performs site inspections and attendance builders as needed
- Coordinates the delivery of brochures, turndowns, gift bags, and SWAG to various stakeholders as needed.
- Requests and inputs convention room night history in MINT after conventions take place.
- Schedules Visitor Information Specialists for local events and meetings through Deputy as requested by staff and event planners.
- Schedules Azalea Trail Maids and USS Alabama Crewmates for meetings or as requested.
- Liaison between Visit Mobile and city officials’ group welcome requests. Also fulfills the requests for welcome letters of support from city officials for meetings and events for the sales team.
- Maintain commitments, incentives, leads, and definite records and reports as required.
Other necessary skills and abilities:
- Strong professional image, organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to carry out job requirements with minimal supervision once trained.
- Proactive with supporting and executing position requirements.
- Must be task-oriented and proficient with time management.
- Performs follow-up and completion of necessary reports or paperwork as needed.
- Represents Visit Mobile in a professional manner at various community events.
- Ability to travel and work before or after regular work hours, weekends, and holidays if deemed necessary for an event.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, database management, and customer relationship management systems.
- Must possess strong value alignment and support the core competencies established by Visit Mobile.
Currently, we do not have any additional openings on our sales team, but please check back because like the city, we are growing.
Currently, we do not have any openings on our marketing team, but please check back because just like the city, we are growing.
If you have any questions, please reach out to our Vice President of Administration, Jay Garraway.