Visit Mobile Career Opportunities
Join the Visit Mobile Team
We LOVE working at Visit Mobile. Every day we find a reason to celebrate our great city and we welcome you to join our vibrant team.
POSITION: ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT
SUPPORTED BY: Vice President of Finance & Administration
Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration. Proven financial management experience of three or more years with demonstrable knowledge of accounting principles, computer-based spreadsheets, and accounting software. Must have exceptional communication skills and be able to work well with others and perform responsibilities with minimum supervision. Some human resource experience preferred.
POSITION SUMMARY: This is a part time position. The Accounting Assistant will perform accounting, human resources, payroll, and computer/technology functions and assist in completing assigned responsibilities.
- Assists in all aspects of accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, tax filings, general ledger closing, annual audit as directed.
- Performs accounts payable and accounts receivable duties by entering invoices and checks into Concur and Sage software systems.
- Reconciles various bank account and credit card transactions.
- Prepares monthly journal entries, runs month end journals, ledgers, and reports.
- Reconciles various general ledger accounts. Assists in preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Processes check requests and expense reports from staff and issues computer check within established deadlines.
- Arranges for enrollment of eligible staffing corporate insurance plans.
- Keeps team member handbook and team member reviews updated.
- Performs other duties as required. Assists President/CEO and Senior Vice President with special projects as requested.
This is a newly developed role within Visit Mobile and will continue to develop to support the needs of the organization. The above responsibilities and duties are just a guide and are not necessarily the only initiatives this position will be involved in. This person may also be asked to participate in other special projects, community outreach and events, some travel required, and strategic planning as determined by the President and Vice Presidents and/or other organization leaders and teammates.
Currently, we do not have any openings on our sales team, but please check back because, like the city, we are growing.
Currently, we do not have any openings in our partnership department, but please check back because, like the city, we are growing.