Traveling is fun. Traveling with your favorite furry, four-legged friend is even more fun! Mobile has long been a dog-friendly destination and we welcome you and your best friend in many ways. From dog-friendly hotels, restaurants and shops to numerous dog-centric events, we know you will both have a great time in our colorful, coastal town.
[caption id="attachment_1775" align="alignnone" ] Blog Dogs![/caption]
- There are nearly thirty Mobile area hotels that welcome pets including the historic Battle House Hotel located in the heart of downtown Mobile.
- The annual Erin Go Paw Fest, Green Dress Run 5K and dog-friendly street party at Callaghan’s brings together hundreds of two- and four- legged friends. Check our event calendar, there are several dog-devoted events, organizations and fundraisers (WoofStock, Delta Dogs) year-round.
- Take a stroll through downtown Mobile or one of our many historic neighborhoods, you'll be surprised how many establishments welcome dogs and how many folks will stop, say hello and give your buddy a little pat.
- The OK Bicycle Shop hosts Doggy Happy Hours on Mondays when the weather is nice.
- Favorite hangouts like the above mentioned Bike Shop, Loda Bier Garten, Heroes, Callaghan’s Irish Social Club, Cream & Sugar, Café 615 and many other area watering holes and restaurants welcome your dogs on their patios and porches. Be sure to ask for free treats (for the dog, you'll have to pay for yours!)
- Stop by the Urban Emporium for a great selection of doggy treats, food and accessories (and if you have a cat at home, you'll find something to bring back. Not that the cat will care. She's probably still mad you left.)
- Dauphin Island, just 45 minutes to the south of Mobile, is the region’s only dog-friendly beach.
- Chickasabogue Park encompasses over 1,200 acres of beautifully designed trails and recreational areas that offer scenic viewings of Mobile Bay and other waterways. Perfect for stretching all of your legs!