Believed to be one of the oldest places for African-Americans to worship in Mobile, the congregation's history dates back as early as 1806. Whites and Blacks worshipped together in this place. The church moved to its current location in 1870. It is across the street from the African-American Archives and Museum. A light brick vernacular structure defined by simple symmetry, the congregational space, with colorful stain glass windows, dates to 1931. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places.