The Union Baptist Church is a simple red brick structure with stained glass windows and a steeple. It was organized by freed slaves in the late 1869. The small church was rebuilt in 1918 and again in 1955. Survivors and descendants of the last slave ship (Clotilda) smuggled into the United States, settled a community known as Magazine Point around the Church. This community eventually became know as Africa Town.